If it’s one thing that 2020 has taught the world, it’s that we have to be ready to work in the comfort of our pajamas.
Fast forward to 2022, and the pandemic has made working from home a new normal.
This is the unlikely future for many of us. Working from home also adds to the time efficiency of focusing on work and less on commute. In short, more work efficiency.
But – what are the best jobs that pay well and also allow you to work from the comfort of your home?
Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
1. WriterEvery company needs blogs and whitepapers for its websites, press releases, and promotional content. Writers are always in demand with the growing number of startups. There’s plenty of legitimate writing and you could also create your blog and create a 2nd stream of income.
How much does a Writer get paid?A beginner writer earns an average of $30,000 to $50,000 a year. This number shoots up with experience to over $100,000 a year.
How do I Become a Writer?If you don’t have a natural flair with words, that’s perfectly fine. Not all writers are born overnight. There are plenty of courses to improve your writing skills. We recommend the following –
- Basic Writing Course (Excellent for Basic Grammar, Editing, and Research skills)
- Content Writing Program (Covers topic selection, outlining, content creation, and publishing for new writers)
How do I get Hired as a Writer?Freelance websites are a great place for fresh writers wanting experience and quick pay. We recommend –
2. Virtual Assistant
Do you get bored of doing the same repetitive stuff every day? The path of the virtual assistant is perfect for you.
As a virtual assistant, your tasks involve administrative tasks, data entry, editing, researching, social media management, and other duties.
How much does a Virtual Assistant get paid?
A novice virtual assistant starts their pay from $20 an hour. It goes up to $200 per hour depending on experience.
If you are great at multi-tasking, your average hourly pay rises to over $500.
How do I become a Virtual Assistant?
Virtual Assistants require a key sense of reporting and time management skills. We recommend taking a course from the following list –
- Complete Beginner’s Guide on Growing Your Virtual Assistant Career (Perfect for new users)
- Land your First Virtual Assistant Job (Course targeted to land your first client)
How do I Get Hired as a Virtual Assistant?
Virtual Assistants can find work easily as there are plenty of people that require mundane daily tasks. Many of whom are willing to hire you on a long-term basis.
You can find work at –
One of the biggest trends in 2022 is online reselling. The idea is simple – you buy goods from wholesalers or suppliers and sell them as a retailer.
Reselling would be incredibly tiring if it weren’t for the digital age. With today’s technology, you can sell with just your smartphone.
Reselling works by making a profit and hence, buying products with large profit margins is key to success.
How do I begin my Reseller Journey?
First, you need a business name and you’ll need to register the business to receive a business license. This allows you to trade.
If you have no prior knowledge of reselling, we strictly advise one of the following courses –
- Facebook Reseller Course (Program tailored around reselling to Facebook Groups)
- Amazon Reseller Course (Perfect for resellers looking to sell amazon products)
What are the Best Reselling Apps to Make Money?
Once you have your business license, you are ready to make profits. Use the following apps to acquire and trade digital products. Some apps require registration to use –
4. Online TutorDo you have a skill that you are an expert at? Great! It’s time to make money with your skill. Becoming an online tutor is flexible and easy. You can even do this as a part-time job. You’ll empower the lives of people that learn from you and also, benefit by earning a handsome income.
How much does an Online Tutor earn?An online tutor earns anywhere from $30 to $100 per hour depending on the type of skills they impart.
How do I Become an Online Tutor?First, know how many hours per week or day you’d like to work. This is important as you need to create a schedule. Once you’ve fixed your schedule, convert your content into courses and sessions. If you need a refresher course on how to run an online classroom, these programs should help –
- Teach Anyone Anywhere (A course ideal for new tutors)
- Become an Online Tutor Today! (A crash course for absolute beginners interested in becoming a tutor)
Where Do I Provide My Tutoring Services?All you need is a fast internet connection to allow effortless streaming to your students. Once that’s done, it’s time to sign up to the following sites to become a full-time teacher –
The job of a Transcriber or a Transcriptionist is to convert video or audio data into written text. Ever come across movies with subtitles? That’s the job of a transcriber.
Anyone can become a transcriber. It’s perfect as a side hustle or a full-time job.
How much does a Transcriber make on average?
An average transcriber makes $5 per hour at an entry-level. This goes up to $20 for experienced transcribers.
How do I Become a Transcriptionist?
It’s necessary to choose a field of transcription that you enjoy. If you like converting audio recordings from healthcare workers, then medical transcription is your focus.
Similarly, if you like depositions and trials, then legal transcription is your path.
As a movie buff that loves to translate tv shows and films, choose a general transcriptionist route.
If you haven’t been a transcriber before, no worries, all it takes is a good program to set you up, these should do the trick –
- Learn Transcription from the Start (Complete newbie transcription course)
- Amazon Transcription Program (Ideal for Amazon Transcribers)
Where Do I Find Transcription Jobs?
Alright, you’ve decided to become a transcriber. Congratulations!
Now let’s find you that dream transcription job from the list below –
Remember, some websites may require a test to check your skills as a transcriber, so it’s a good idea to get some practice in.
6. Life Coach
The pandemic has increased everyone’s anxiety and stress levels. With it comes a lack of contentment. Naturally, people feel less creative to work or proceed with their daily tasks.
That’s where a life coach comes in.
The life coach acts as a motivator and tracks the progress of an individual. As a life coach, your job is to create goals and strategies to ensure the user is back on track with their life.
From providing mental stability to breaking bad habits, a life coach’s goal is to bring back happiness and fulfillment in the lives of their clients.
How much does a Life Coach earn?
A life coach receives payment of anywhere from $35,000 to $100,000 monthly on average depending on field and experience.
How do I Become a Life Coach?
There are different types of life coaches –
- Career Coach (Course Details)
- Dating Coach (Course Details)
- Diet Coach (Course Details)
- Sports Coach (Course Details)
- Health & Wellness Coach (Course Details)
- Financial Coach (Course Details)
Where do I apply for a career as a Life Coach?
Pick your specialty and ensure that you are well versed in your field of expertise.
7. Customer Service
Another excellent remote job is handling customer service.
The roles expected from a customer service representative fall under customer satisfaction, effective communication, troubleshooting, and decision making.
The best part about customer service is that every company requires a problem-solving unit. Hence, this job is highly in demand.
How much does a Customer Service Rep make?
An average customer service agent makes an average of $10 to $35 an hour, depending on their expertise.
How Do I Become a Customer Service Agent?
To begin, you need to possess excellent communication skills. 50% of this job’s role is in solving the problems of your customers.
Having a polite and calming voice ensures that the customer feels understood.
As a customer service rep, you’ll be tasked to perform any of the following duties –
- A Live Chat Agent
- An on-call troubleshooting rep
- A call center manager
- A Virtual Support Assistant
- A Customer Success Director
- Customer Loyalty Specialist
If you want a crash course on becoming an expert customer service rep, the following courses are perfect for this endeavor –
- Delight Every Customer (Beginner Customer Service Course)
- Soft Skills for Effective Customer Service (Program on Skill Fundamentals Required for Customer Service)
Where do I Apply for a Job in Customer Service?
Luckily, customer service is a much-required job, and landing a job is quite convenient. The following websites are a great place to start –
For more experienced customer service reps, applying directly to company websites or open positions ensures a favorable outcome.
8. Digital MarketerA remote digital marketer is a top career on this list. It takes the creative side of you – writing, designing, and advertising. And blends it all. Digital Marketing has many career paths. All of which are perfect for working from within your home. Every paid ad you ever came across or company brochure was created by a digital marketer or company.
How much does a Digital Marketer earn?Digital Marketing is a high payroll career. An average marketer earns $100,000 to even $500,000 a year with good experience.
What are the job roles available as a Digital Marketer?As a digital marketer, your main job paths include –
- Social Media Manager (Course Details)
- SEO Specialist (Course Details)
- Marketing Consultant (Course Details)
- Content Marketer (Course Details)
- Copywriter (Course Details)
- PPC Marketing (Course Details)
- Affiliate Marketer (Course Details)
- Social Media Influencer (Course Details)
Where do I begin my Digital Marketing journey?If you’re serious about taking up digital marketing as a career path, there are numerous courses tailored to fit you. Each of these courses is designed to get you from zero experience to a beginner digital marketer and even further. Here’s the list –
- Digital Marketing Course for Beginners
- General Quality Leads for your Clients (Digital Marketing Sales Course)
9. BookkeeperFinance is an important aspect of every professional’s life. Every business has transactions and ledgers to upkeep. Income statements to calculate and invoices to record. The job of a bookkeeper is to maintain these financial statements. This career path is highly dependent on accuracy and consistency. Minimizing errors is a key aspect of successfully recording financial statements. If perfection is your keyword, then the life of a bookkeeper is your calling.
How much does a Bookkeeper make?An entry-level bookkeeper is paid between $40,000 to $65,000. After which, it’s not unusual to see a 6-figure mark of over $100,000 as a base income for intermediate bookkeepers.
How do I become a Bookkeeper?As a bookkeeper, you’ll require basic accounting knowledge. If you don’t, we have you covered with the following courses –
Where do I find work as a remote bookkeeper?Bookkeeping is perfect for a remote-friendly workstyle. A bookkeeper can choose to work on a contract or as a one-time session. Here are some of the places where a bookkeeper may find work –
Blogging is an exciting home venture that allows you to become self-reliant and build your network.
Becoming a blogger today is a challenge compared to a decade ago. However, the rewarding aspect is that – successful bloggers make big money.
Your one goal is to become a successful blogger and set yourself aside from the novice bloggers.
Blogging is a consistent effort that takes a few months of struggle to set up before you start getting paid. An equally consistent and patient blogger will eventually gain profits from this industry.
How much does a successful blogger earn?
We mentioned ‘successful blogger’ and not just a ‘blogger’. This is important because as a blogger, you make nothing. It’s a highly competitive industry.
As a successful blogger, you make over 5-figures of $10,000 to $30,000 annually, in your first few years. Later, you can scale this to 6-figures, if you remain consistent.
How do I Become a Successful Blogger?
Blogging is easy to start but a long battle to fight to ensure success. Luckily, when you apply the following tips, the long feud turns into a short one.
Here are the top tips to land success in the blogging world –
- Create blog posts that are relevant to search terms that people search for
- Make a catchy title that attracts people in a few words
- Always ensure your audience walks away with valuable information from every blog post
- Use real-time examples to back up your claims
- Add a Call-to-action for every blogpost
- Aggressively promote your content all over the internet
- Organic traffic outweighs paid traffic in the long run and saves a lot of money.
- Update older content every year to stay updated and relevant
- Always showcase your writing style and personality to resonate with your audience.
- Read this incredibly detailed blogging guide to get started
While remote work may seem strange if you are used to the confines of an office. It’s important to realize that the world is changing. With it, the opportunities are becoming majorly remote.
Remote work is the future and if you have a head-start, you reclaim your future. These work-from-home opportunities are perfect for anyone to get started.
While they do require some skill set to begin, the courses shared in their relevant sections should ease the process.
We hope you were enlightened and look forward to seeing you succeed in your remote career venture. Good luck!
Affiliate Disclosure: To ensure we run Schoracle ad-free, this blog contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission for purchases that you make. Read our Affiliate Disclaimer for more details.